What is batch-creating content?
Instead of creating one post or piece of content at a time, you can batch-create content for later. Batch-creating content involves brainstorming and creating many pieces of content. You can schedule these to post at a later date and time. This is an effective method for maintaining a consistent flow of content. It’s also less stressful than drafting and posting one post at a time.
Here are 6 tips for effective batch-content creation:
- Figure out who you’re speaking to: You need to know exactly who you’re speaking to, or your message will be ignored. Age, gender, interests, values and beliefs will all influence which kind of messaging will be most effective.
- Plan in advance: Consider your purpose for creating content. Is it to increase brand awareness? Is it used to generate leads or make sales? Next, decide what you’ll create and when you’ll publish it. This will help you stay organized.
- Use a content calendar: Many tools are available online for free and are perfect to use as content calendars. Some of these include Airtable, Notion, and even Google Calendar. It will assist you in keeping track of what content you’ve created and what still needs to be done.
- Make time for content creation: Schedule a day and time when you will only concentrate on content creation. This will assist you in remaining focused, getting into the flow, and completing the task.
- Use templates and tools: You can make or download templates to help you with your design process. You can save time and maintain consistency by using pre-designed graphics, available through apps like Canva.
- Repurpose your content: Depending on the type of content you post, you can reuse them across different platforms. If you post blog posts, you can break them down into snippets to post on social media. Or, you can convert your blog post into a video or a podcast episode.
If you don’t know what to post, creating content can be frustrating and time-consuming. But, if you follow these steps and remain consistent, you will find it much easier to batch-create content for later posting. You will ensure a steady stream of useful content for your followers, keeping you on top of mind.
If you struggle to come up with ideas for creating content, keep an eye on my blog! I will create guides and free workbooks to help you brainstorm content ideas, let you know which free apps you can use to create your content, and how you can keep your graphics on-brand and consistent.